UAS Pilot/ Field Technician
UAV Exploration is currently seeking full-time and contract UAS Pilots/Field Technicians to join our team. Our UAS operators are trained to be highly proficient as our mission requirements are some of the most challenging and complex in the UAS industry. Our pilots work in a dynamic field environment and regularly travel across the US. Ideal candidates are domiciled in the Southwest Michigan area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to and from remote field locations across the US
- Responsible for working with field team members in a crew environment
- Check weather, applicable regulations and coordinate with landowners
- Plan and execute complex low-altitude multirotor missions
- Responsible for UAS maintenance and care
- Conduct ground-based geophysical survey work after completion of UAS surveys
- Experience in UAS maintenance, tuning and operation of Ardupilot & DJI based systems
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be able to meet rigid deadlines.
- Ability to think outside the box, strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to rent a car.
- Flexible schedule, available for long distance travel for a week or more at a time
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh conditions for 8+ hours
- Ability to lift or pull 80+ lbs.
- Experience with mapping/spatial reasoning: understanding of coordinate systems, contours, other map elements
- Experience working with geophysical instruments such as magnetometers, EM sensors, GPR or other geophysical sensors.
- Experience with GIS software such ArcGIS, QGIS or Global Mapper
- Preferred working knowledge of infrastructure
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary, Internship